Cutting Cholesterol with Oats
A friend of mine wanted to loose weight. It was also his intention to introduce more fiber into his diet. Therefore I suggested oats. Oats is a soluble fiber and it stops cholesterol from being absorbed in the body. I also suggested he added berries into his diet as they are low in sugar but high in nutritional value. Blackberries, blueberries and the rest all contain high amounts of antioxidants which are particularly useful as immune boosters. Whether it was a misunderstanding of information given or pure genius he decided to mix 8ounces of Yoplait yogurt, hand full of berries and of course about a quarter cup of oats. I really didn’t think having raw oats would appeal to my sense of taste, as I, like many others, usually have my oats boiled and served as porridge. Might I confess, it was quite tasty and not at all what I had expected. The strawberry yogurt added flavor, while making the oats a bit softer to chew. I’m not eager to lose weight but it was a great way of adding my fiber.
Yes i agree with the Oates cutting fat. I take Oates in the form of cereal on a regular with some raisins and a little sugar to sweeten. It has proven beneficial to me.
ReplyDelete